Do you have a PhD? Would you like to improve your career and broaden your scientific horizon? Below is a list of financing possibilities.
Postdoctoral FNRS Grants
The mission of the Fund for Scientific Research’s (F.R.S.-FNRS) is to develop fundamental scientific research within the context of initiatives put forward by researchers.
Researchers enlisted by the F.R.S-FNRS carry out their work in university institutions of the French Community of Belgium.
Contact ULg: Patricia Blanchard - +32 (0) 4 366 55 86
ULg: Postdoctoral institutional research grants
There are several grants available for candidates. Apart from the list below, the Research Secretariat and your supervisor can inform you about other financing opportunities.
Postdoctoral Mandates at ULg for foreign researchers
ULg grants postdoctoral mandates to foreign researchers. These “IN” postdoctoral grants are granted for a period of two years, which cannot be renewed.
Criteria for eligibility:
- You hold a foreign PhD with dissertation, are on an international placement, and you have not resided or carried out your main activity in Belgium for more than 24 months over the last 3 years.
- You carry out full-time open research at ULg, without any conventional obligation.
- During their mandate, candidates are not allowed to carry out any other remunerated activity for the benefit of ULg or of any other third party.
Moreover, within the framework of the BeIPD-COFUND program:
- Candidates cannot have obtained their PhD more than a maximum of 5 years previously (+ 1 year for maternity/ paternity leave, with a maximum of two additional years); candidates who will obtain their PhD within 3 months from the opening date of this call are excluded as well;
- Candidates cannot have received a postdoctoral grant from ULg;
- Candidates should not have received a postdoctoral grant for more than 12 months on the starting date of their position under the BeIPD-COFUND.
Amount granted: researcher salary of € 2,100 net/month with a maximum of € 15,000 annually.
Closing date for submissions of applications: February each year. Contact ARD-ULg
To be submitted by the applicant
By mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, contact: ARD - Raphaela Delahaye - 04/366 91 04
PRIMSE 1-year grant
In tandem with ULg, Prisme awards a grant to one candidate on a ULg Postdoctoral foreign researcher grant.
The amount awarded is the equivalent of a research scholar’s salary plus operating expenses of €5,000.
The postdoctoral PRISME grant is awarded for one year and cannot be extended.
This mandate comes with the same conditions as those of the FNRS and ULg. It is awarded to a researcher who is on an international placement, and has not resided or carried out his/her main activity (employment, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 24 months over the last 3 years immediately prior to his/her first postdoctoral residency.