HEC Liege is part of the University of Liege.
Its form of governance ensures a rapid reaction to issues:
- HEC Liege has management delegations on both the strategic and operational levels, conferred by the decree of the Wallonia Brussels Federation when HEC and the Departments of Management and Economics of the University of Liege were merged in 2005.
- HEC Liege is uniquely rooted in the world of economics, and this permits it to act as an engine of economic development in its Region and also to adapt its teaching rapidly to the realities of its environment and of the professional world.
This deep connection is demonstrated by
- A significant representation of companies, alongside academics, on the School Council responsible for the strategic choices, the budget and the programs
- A Governance Council composed mainly of representatives of Belgian and international companies, responsible for assessing the strategic positioning of the School and for looking for sufficient complementary financial means
- A Group for HEC Liege, composed of representatives of local companies.