In addition to the 'internationalization at home' provided to students at HEC, the international relations team encourages students to combine several opportunities for studying and/or working abroad:
- At bachelor level:
- A study period abroad (114 destinations, covering English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish and French speaking options) or a one year double-degree at the University of Hohenheim in Germany.
- A short field trip, led by one academic in conjunction with a regional company, in relation to the export sector. This activity can be sponsored by HEC partners.
- At master level:
At HEC Liège it is our objective to “BE.International” in our daily environment, as the following illustration demonstrates:
Note that learning foreign languages is compulsory from the start of the bachelor program. At master level, most courses, and indeed several specializations, are completely taught in English. + More...
These international experiences enable our students to:
- Improve their knowledge of and proficiency in at least one foreign language,
- Gain an appreciation or even a deep knowledge of a foreign culture and society,
- Socialize with people from all over the world,
- Experience other pedagogical, working and/or assessment methods,
- Be open-minded and open to our global world and economy,
- Start building their future network,
- And finally, to develop a desire to pursue an international career.