COVID-19 - Code Red
Information and measures implemented at ULiège
October 26, 2020 - Learning modalities
Due to the measures decided by the Governments of Wallonia and the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, the Universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation apply, from Monday, October 26th, the code red.
The elements indicated on this page are general rules. The Faculties and teachers will communicate to their students the precise modalities adapted to their teachings.
- The rule is that the courses are all organized at a distance.
- There is an exception for practical and laboratory work for which an on-site presence is indispensable. For the latter, particular attention will be paid to the respect of sanitary rules and to the quality of the masks used which will be provided.
Different formulas are put in place to allow the organization of distance learning courses in the best possible conditions. The most suitable formula will be chosen for each course and will be communicated to the students.
The University remains open. Libraries and study rooms for students are open for use in compliance with safety rules: wearing a mask and a distance of 1.5m.
Distance learning tools
Various distance learning tools are put in place to allow the organization of courses in the best possible conditions.
- Several platforms and techno-pedagogical resources (access reserved for the ULiège community) are offered to teachers to enable them to pursue their courses at a distance, in adapted forms (general courses, courses requiring more interaction with students).
- The eCampus students website provides essential information about the eCampus platform. The pages will be updated according to current events and emerging needs.
- Unicast and UniCast Live students to view their courses in video and audio podcasts.
- An online videoconferencing service (Lifesize) is available to members of the university community.
- Each professor communicates to his students the adapted modalities of his teaching.
- The Guidance Étude team provides students with advice to help them familiarize themselves with distance learning (access reserved to the ULiège community).
- Students who have other questions about the teaching of a particular program can contact their faculty's student administrator.