Master in Strategic Marketing Management
Educate market-oriented leaders in a digital, global and service world to develop strategies for customer-centric organizations.
This Master aims to educate future leaders wishing to embrace a career in marketing management and strategy.
More specifically, this Master prepares students to operate in any organization to create value for their customers, and be sustainable in a digital and VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) world, in a data-rich environment and an ever-changing marketplace. This Master targets students who like to think strategically, to support and substantiate their strategy with a thorough understanding of the data, with statistics and analysis. Understanding digital strategies and new ways of reaching the market are indeed highly sought after.
The programme provides students with the academic and professional competence they need for managerial positions in marketing and strategy in any part of the world. The skills developed in the programme are relevant to a wide range of positions in market-oriented and customer-centric organisations, wherever the ability to build and deliver value to customers is required.
What will you learn?
Students will receive cutting-edge, both research- and practice-based training.
The curriculum is advanced and innovative. Some of the most important topics in the programme include understanding consumer psychology and behaviour, marketing research and statistical methods, building strong brands in various markets (B2C, B2B), and the financial consequences of marketing investments.
A Master's degree in Strategic Marketing Management enable students to further develop their ability to understand how to elaborate winning strategies in the market. They will develop analytical and communication skills through close interaction with faculty and fellow students.
Key topics of the Master's programme
- Marketing Analytics: Understanding how to analyze (big) data that are available in the environment to take strategic decisions.
- Digital Marketing: Developing tactical decisions concerning effective product, pricing, distribution and promotion decisions using digital marketing concepts and applications
- Market Research: Learning how to conduct market research to get (consumer) insights and adapt your strategy accordingly.
- Brand Management: Understanding how to strategically position and grow a brand.
- Consumer Behavior: Getting fresh insight into consumer behavior and what makes people behave the way they do.
- Strategic Management: Learning to analyze markets and situations strategically, and training to think like a top-level executive
- This program is co-developed with partners from the Chair in Digital Media & E-Commerce. They are regularly invited to speak during the classes related to their expertise.
- The digital economy is developing rapidly and our partner companies make it possible for us to organize an up-to-date program that follows the latest digital trends.
- To develop a contemporary vision of marketing and strategy, taking into account the IT revolution
- To implement analysis techniques to solve problems of management in general and marketing in particular
- To create adapted strategies by anticipating and understanding the complex international environment in which companies operate.
- To understand the digital economy as a whole and to learn to develop a multi-channel strategy in a company;
- To anticipate the digital market by identifying future opportunities and challenges;
- To formulate new, IT-based digital strategies;
- To understand and assess the kinds of technology used to implement strategies in digital marketing, e-commerce and data analytics;
This program is intended for students who :
- Want to transform new trends into business opportunities;
- Appreciate the analysis of figures to support decision-making processes.
- Have the ambition to work in marketing, e-commerce and / or analytics for digital companies, companies that have or are developing a digital strategy, or sectors affected by the digital transition
Skills gained on completion of the specialization
Students will be capable of:
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data to assist the decision-making process;
- Creating and maintaining a competitive advantage;
- Anticipating and transforming new trends into business opportunities;
- Developing e-marketing and e-business strategies;
- Identifying, communicating with and influencing the main players;
- Working out global strategies for products and services.
- Defining and understanding key digital concepts, including digital business models, e-commerce, digital consumer behavior, ways of communication, social networks etc.
- Defining, assessing and setting up multi-channel strategies
- Gaining initial experience in the consultancy field and on projects entailing a digital dimension
- Using tools to transform raw information into a valuable resource
- Making diagnoses of companies’ digital activity
- Creating strategies for gaining, activating and increasing customer loyalty online
Degree and specific outcomes
On completion of this Master, students are awarded the “Master in Management Science, Specializing in “Strategic Marketing Management” degree.
Career opportunities in the following fields:
- Digital marketing: multi-channel marketing, SEO/SEA strategist, content manager, campaign manager, mobile product manager etc.
- E-commerce: e-commerce account manager, traffic manager, user experience product manager etc.
- Business analytics: digital marketing analyst, CRM manager, data analyst, business consultant etc.
- Commercial –related jobs((sales representative, key account manager…)
- Marketing-related jobs (product manager, brand manager…)
- Market research: market analyst, competition analyst, trend analyst.